The Neusoft Neuviz 64-slice CT scanner comes in three different versions: the 64i, the 64e Basic, and the 64e Cardiac. The three versions have quite a bit in common in terms of technical spec, but there are also some major differences that create a placement “sweet spot” for each of them.
Here's the skinny on similarities, differences, and where these systems work best:
What’s the Same?
Among other things:
- Overall Dimensions- 254 sq. ft. minimum room size
- Maximum Table Load- 452 pounds
- Detectors- 99.9% x-ray conversion efficiency
- Scan Times- 1.5-18 seconds
- Focal Spot – 0.6 x 1.2 (Small), 1.1 x 1.2 (Large)
- The Neuviz 64i features the CTR2250 X-ray tube. This tube has a current range of 30 mA to 420 mA, heat storage of 5.0 MHU, and a cooling rate of 815 KHU/min.
- The Neuviz 64e Basic and 64e Cardiac feature the CTR2280. This tube has a current range of 30 mA to 667 mA, heat storage of 8.0 MHU, and a cooling rate of 931 KHU/min.
- The 64i has a 50 KW generator
- The 64e Basic and 64e Cardiac have 80 KW generators
- 64i- Standard Neuviz 64 software package
- 64e Basic- Standard Neuviz 64 software package with capabilities to upgrade to cardiac software
- 64e Cardiac- Comes with both standard Neuviz 64 software and cardiac software
Where Does Each One Shine?
- 64i- All Neuviz 64 CT scanners shine in the area of pricing- the 64i doubly so. A Neusoft customer can have 64-slice image quality for not much more money than a 16-slice from other manufacturers. Part of this cost savings is attributable to the smaller tube and generator. In terms of placement, this makes the 64i uniquely suited for medium-traffic facilities who do not intend to perform cardiac procedures.
- 64e Basic- The 64e Basic offers a larger tube and generator for facilities that need higher patient throughput but don’t intend to perform cardiac procedures. If system usage changes, the 64e Basic also offers the adaptability to be upgraded with a cardiac software platform.
- 64e Cardiac- As the name implies, the 64e Cardiac is a good match for facilities that need high patient throughput and cardiac capabilities.
Ultimately, the Neuviz 64 series is intended to make the jump into 64-slice imaging more affordable for facilities of all sizes, throughput levels, and specialties. If you have more questions about the Neuviz or 64-slice CT scanners in general, we have a knowledgeable team that would love to answer them. Let us know what you need with the button below.