Purchasing and operating an OEC C-arm is a sizeable investment; the machine itself, protective gear for the operator, ongoing service, etc. So, when an equipment vendor suggests you purchase an additional accessory for your C-arm, your gut reaction is probably something like, “Thanks, but no thanks!”
We’ve heard that reaction before and we definitely get it. At the same time, there are some good reasons to hold that thought and consider adding an OEC laser aimer to your C-arm. Find five reasons right here:
Advantages of Using an OEC Laser Aimer
Using a laser aimer is all about accuracy and safety. Equipping your system with one:
1. Minimizes patient radiation dose by targeting the area of interest on the first exposure
2. Allows exact positioning without continuous X-ray exposure
3. Makes positioning easier, saves time, and increases productivity in the OR
4. Reduces radiation to technicians and doctors, increasing OR safety
5. Plus: OEC laser aimers are easy to find on the used equipment market at much lower prices than buying one new
How much does an OEC laser aimer cost?
On average, a new laser aimer costs $4,500 - $5,000 depending on whether your system has a 9” or 12” image intensifier. Used laser aimers are generally priced anywhere from $1,350 to $2,500.
NOTE: If you own or are looking into buying an OEC 6800, most of these come with an integrated laser aimer at no additional cost.
If you don't know the part number of the laser aimer you need, we can help with that too:
In the long run, do you absolutely have to have a laser aimer on your OEC c-arm? Well, no. Will a laser aimer help you achieve better accuracy and productivity while increasing the safety of your patients and staff? Yes!
If you are interested in OEC laser aimers or other OEC c-arm parts and accessories, Block Imaging Parts & Service carries a full inventory of them.