An interim C-Arm rental can make good sense in a lot of different scenarios. Most often, when people talk to us about a rental, one of the following is true:
• You need to test your market to know if buying a C-Arm will be a good investment for you.
• You find the C-Arm you own down for repair and you do not expect it to be up and running anytime soon.
• You are running a training/continuing education course and need C-arms to demonstrate procedures.
• You are working to pare down a backlog of patients.
• You have money in the operating budget, but not so much in the capital budget.
Whatever the reason, consider the following costs to make your c-arm rental work for you.
Length of Term vs Cost
As a general rule: the shorter the term, the higher the cost. This is because, regardless of the length of term, the same amount of work goes into arranging logistics (setup, shipping, testing, etc.). With a shorter term, these logistical costs are not spread out over time. Here are average ballpark prices for a few different rental terms.
• Daily Rental - $1,500 - $3,000
• Monthly Rental - $3,500 - $6,500
• Yearly Rental - similar to the monthly rental, but at a discount. The longer the term, the deeper the discount.
Keep in mind that C-arm rentals are designed to meet a specific need like the ones listed above. If you need a long term solution, strongly consider a C-Arm lease or an outright purchase. Regardless of the length of term, the same amount of work goes into arranging logistics (installation, shipping, etc.).
Additional Rental Costs
In most cases there are a few additional costs beyond the use of the C-arm to consider. Almost every rental quote will also have some form of these fees:
• Accessories - lead vests, injectors, or c-arm tables can all be rented at an additional cost.
• Security Deposit - this is refundable if the unit returns in the same condition it was provided.
• Transportation - these fees cover delivery and, if you need your rental quickly, expediting. • Installation - this covers an engineer to set up the C-arm and collect it at the end of the rental term.
Make certain when comparing quotes to observe these add-on fees. Depending on the length of term, the fees will often be embedded into the monthly rental fee, but the quote should always note if these are additional or included.
If you would like more information and are ready to move forward with your C-Arm rental request, please use our easy C-Arm Rental Request Form. We look forward to helping with your next rental solution very soon!
Written by Becka Bowden
Becka Bowden is a Sales Support Specialist at Block Imaging. Having lived in both the US and Southeast Asia and traveled almost everywhere in between, she’s seen health need and health care across the spectrum. With those experiences in mind, her goal is simple- to understand each customer’s need, meet that need, and, in doing so, exceed their expectations.