A little bit about me:
- My biggest job in life is being a father. I'm the proud dad of four boys! Ages 18, 16, 14, and 12. Needless to say, grocery shopping is a constant. The dad taxi is always on the go to practices, games, youth group, work, and friends. I wouldn't trade it though. We love hanging out and watching movies. Going out for breakfast on the weekends or a Saturday night pizza party is one of our favorite things to do together.
- I'm an artist through and through. For many years I had a decorative painting company specializing in faux finishes, murals, and furniture finishes. In recent years, I've shifted my focus to fine arts including paintings, mixed media, and sculpture. The majority of art I do uses reclaimed or repurposed materials. I'm involved with many local arts organizations and activities, including being a Board Member of the East Lansing Art Festival. My hope is to do my first solo gallery show sometime before the end of 2017. You can follow my art on Instagram @artbysandstedt
- I am a lifelong fan of the MSU Spartans, especially football. Go Green, Go White.
- I love the outdoors, except for going to the beach. I'd much rather be fishing or canoeing on the river or hiking in the woods. Rustic tent camping is the best.
- If I could only choose three foods to eat the rest of my life, they would be sushi, tacos, and waffles. Life is too short to eat bad food. Also, I'm totally guilty of being a coffee snob. Locally roasted pour overs are the best!
- I enjoy learning about my Viking bloodline. Probably why I don't mind the winter. One of my dream trips would be to visit Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- I'm proud to be a part of the bearded brotherhood and the no shave life. If my beard ever turns all white (it's well on its way), I think it would be fun to play Santa.
- I absolutely love my dog, Betsy Ross. She is a five year old Whippet that was born on the 4th of July. She is a total snuggle hound and is queen of the couch.
Thanks for visiting my page!