A little bit about me:
- My biggest job in life is being a father. I'm the proud dad of four boys! Ages 20, 19, 17, and 14. We love hanging out and watching movies, going to museums and out to eat. Going out for brunch on the weekends or a Saturday night pizza party is one of our favorite things to do together.
- I'm an artist through and through. For many years, I ran a decorative painting company specializing in faux finishes, murals, and furniture finishes. In recent years, I've shifted my focus to fine arts including paintings, mixed media, and mostly metal sculpture. I do a fair amount of commission work, specializing in custom trophies and garden art. I compete often in sculpture competitions, and have won numerous awards. I’m extremely involved in the arts community of greater Lansing. You can follow my art on Instagram @stalskulptur
- I am a huge mid-century design fan. I love all things Eames, Eichler, and Palm Springs. My dream would be to build an Atomic Ranch home.
- I am a lifelong fan of the MSU Spartans, especially football. Go Green, Go White.
- I love the outdoors, except for going to the beach. I'd much rather be fishing or canoeing on the river or hiking in the woods. The beach is okay in the cooler weather, when I can where a hoodie and shorts, while enjoying a campfire and sunset. Rustic tent camping is the best.
- If I could only choose three foods to eat the rest of my life, they would be sushi, tacos, and waffles. Life is too short to eat bad food. Also, I'm totally guilty of being a coffee snob. Locally roasted pour overs are the best, followed by a nitro cold brew.
- I enjoy learning about my Viking bloodline. Probably why I don't mind the winter. One of my dream trips would be to visit Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- I'm proud to be a part of the bearded brotherhood and the no shave life. If my beard ever turns all white (it's well on its way), I think it would be fun to play Santa.
Thanks for visiting my page!