If your OEC 9800 C-arm is stalling out somewhere in the boot up process, there are a number of causes that could be at play. We'll tell you how to find the information you need to get a diagnosis without an onsite engineer visit.
How to Diagnose OEC 9800 Boot Up Problems
- Find a standard VGA monitor. This will be your "debug monitor".
- Remove the back cover of your workstation to expose the additional connectors.
- Plug your debug monitor into the blue VGA connector on the back of the workstation and turn on the system.
- The system will scroll the boot up messages on the debug monitor beginning with the CMOS.
- Send a picture of where the boot messages stop on the debug monitor to the Block Imaging Service Team and one of our C-arm engineers will be able to help you with a diagnosis.
Once we've helped identify your issue, Block Imaging can also help with replacement parts and field engineering service as needed.
You might also want to check out these related articles:
Meet the author: James Porchik